As of 05-25-18
Imagine H2O is committed to respecting the privacy of our network. Our policy is designed to be clear on what information we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it. We are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 2018.
How we collect your information
We obtain your personal information from various sources. We do this in three main ways:
You provide it directly including but not limited to:
Share it directly by phone, text message, email, physical letter, business card exchange or other in person meeting
Signing up for our newsletter
Sending us an email through our website
Registering for an Imagine H2O or Imagine H2O Partner Event
Submitting an application for an IH2O Challenge or employment opportunity
Sharing your contact information in person at an event such as a conference or trade show
Interacting with Imagine H2O on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn
We find it in on public domains when researching companies and technologies that solve for identified challenges. Imagine H2O may add this publicly available contact information to our database and communicate through email about upcoming accelerator programs or the like.
Our platforms record some of it automatically when you use our website or send us an email (including with technologies like cookies):
Google Analytics, an online tool, collects standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns by monitoring the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. Information collected does not identify the visitor.
Our website platform, squarespace, collects small pieces of data called cookies to help websites remember preferences and understand how people use different features.
When interacting with Imagine H2O on third-party platforms such Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, you may reveal certain personal information.
We receive it from third parties when you register for an Imagine H2O event, or partner event, and your personal information is shared with Imagine H2O to ensure that your receive notifications about the current event and about future Imagine H2O programming.
What types of information we collect
Contact information: name, title, organization, address, phone number and email information
Payment information: billing information
Other information: questions, comments, and suggestions
Cookies: our website, tools, and platforms collect anonymous data about your behavior on our website
How we use your information
Communicate with you
- Imagine H2O sends emails containing , organizational updates, invitations to IH2O and/or partner events, and requests for support.
To register you for an event and/or process payment information
- If you register to attend an event, you will input your contact and billing information into the third party ticketing and payment processing platforms Picatic and Streak. See their Privacy Policies via links.
- Your billing information will not be retained once the transaction is complete.
- Your contact information will be added to our outreach database for event and organizational updates leading up to and following the event.
To process a donation
- Credit card numbers are used only for donation or payment processing and are not retained for other purposes or after a transaction is completed.
- IH2O will use your contact information to issue and deliver a donation tax receipt.
Share with 3rd parties for services.
- If you have signed up to attend an Imagine H2O and/or partner event, we may send your name, title, and organization to a third party for name tag printing or to the Venue Host if the building requires a guest list for admittance.
- If you register to participate in an Imagine H2O Challenge, accelerator cohort or other program, your information may be shared with our Beta Partner and/or Investor networks.
Share with sponsors.
Occasionally, we will share basic information about our program participants and applicants with strategic partners. This may be general, non-identifying (e.g. organizations represented) or more specific (name, title, organization). We won't share your contact information without consent.
Complying with law.
- We will share information as needed to comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts and law enforcement requests
Our platforms collect and use some of it automatically.
When someone visits our website, Imagine H2O uses a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to monitor the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify the visitor. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website
When interacting with Imagine H2O on third-party platforms such Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, you may reveal certain personal information. Apart from using your information to respond to a specific message or request, Imagine H2O will not use, share or retain any personal information given on these platforms
How information is managed
We use the information you give Imagine H2O only for the purposes described above.
We have put in place measures to protect your information and keep it secure.
We do not sell, rent or lease your information. Use of information is limited to the above stated purposes of Imagine H2O.
We respect your data protection rights and aim to give you control over your own information.
Removing your Name from Our Mailing List
It is our desire not to send unwanted mail. Please contact us if you wish to unsubscribe from our mailing list at email@example.com. Emails sent to our list en-mass include an unsubscribe button.