Water, Public Health & Environmental Justice — Hear from our next generation of sustainability leaders Carolyn Duong and Xiaolin Luo, Imagine H2O’s 2020 Fall Associates, joined us through the Emerson Collective FirstGen Intern Program, connecting College Track college students from underserved communities to internships at California-based companies and non-profits. Carolyn and Xiaolin with the IH2O team Carolyn is […]
5 Reasons Why You Should Apply to Imagine H2O Asia Cohort 4
Imagine H2O Asia (IH2O Asia) builds solutions to Asia’s water challenges by connecting global startups to new markets, partners and pilot support from our Singapore hub. Cohort 4 will boast an expanded pool of deployment partners and pilot funding resources, as well as more customized accelerator services to help companies at different stages of market expansion in the region.
Is Imagine H2O Asia right for you?
1. For non-Asia based startups – You’ve gained significant traction in your home country, and now you’re hungry to explore new markets in Asia and grow your business. IH2O Asia will help you validate product-market fit, identify strategies to localize your solution and go-to-market approach, and build a pipeline of potential customers and investors in the region.
2. For Asia-based startups – You may or may not be early in your company’s development but either way you are looking to test, validate and build your business in the region. IH2O Asia will provide you with industry mentors, market visibility opportunities, network introductions, and pilot support to help accelerate your journey and growth in South and Southeast Asia.
- We’re more than just an accelerator – we’re your market access partner.
Our team and close-knit network of in-country advisors help you understand the do’s and don’ts of entering new markets, identify potential customers and partners and then provide hands-on guidance to translate those leads into pilot or commercial opportunities. Since launching in 2019, IH2O Asia’s startups are piloting their solutions across 9 countries in the Asia-Pacific. In almost all cases, IH2O Asia enabled the company to acquire their first customer in that market.
- We have secured new partners to help unlock demonstration projects including the Asian Development Bank and the World Bank
In addition to Imagine H2O’s global network of tech adopters, IH2O Asia participants are invited to participate in the Water Technology Access Partnership (WTAP) and Accelerating Innovation & Digitalization (AID), partnerships with the World Bank and ADB respectively. These programs will unlock local resources to help innovators pilot and deploy their solutions with utilities across Asia-Pacific. Singapore-based startups have the additional opportunity to receive support from Founding Partner Enterprise Singapore.
- Leverage our year-round stage to showcase your solution to Singapore and neighboring markets
From presenting to an audience of 100+ investors and customers at Demo Day– to curated virtual pitch sessions for regional utilities and corporations— we ensure your solution reaches our entire network. Our alumni have participated in global events such as Singapore International Water Week, Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology, World Water Week in Stockholm, as well as presented at innovation showcases to our partners like the World Bank, ADB and Kurita.
- We will work with you every step of the way in your startup journey, so you can benefit from our support even when the program ends.
We understand the water industry, and we know that customer acquisition doesn’t happen overnight. We will work with you over the course of 10 months. And when you graduate into our alumni network, we will continue to work with you. Our alumni continue to benefit from our advisors and pilot funding, training sessions as well as showcase opportunities.
- Gain direct access to Singapore’s water ecosystem through our local partners, and use our hub as a launchpad to grow your business in the region.
We’re based out of the PUB Singapore Water Exchange, strategically located to foster strong relationships with the local ecosystem. As a result, 25% of non-Singapore startups from Imagine H2O Asia’s portfolio are now piloting in Singapore through our relationship with PUB, Singapore’s National Water Agency, allowing them to gain credibility and secure projects around the region more quickly. At Singapore International Water Week this year, we had more than 200 visitors from our Tech Adopters Network, unlocking 28 active customer leads for our startups across the region.
Hear from our Cohort 3 startups
We have attended many trade shows in Australia, but this was our first international trade show. Compared to other events we’ve attended, IH2O Asia managed to create more opportunities for us in 3 days than we have managed to do ourselves in the past few years. They provided real hands-on assistance to our company in introducing TracWater to the global water industry.
Len McKelvey, CEO, TracWater (Australia)
All markets around the world have different drivers and ways of doing business. Working with IH2O Asia has offered a huge step up for our organization in understanding the local needs of the region, and has helped to shape our business development approach for Asia. Being able to participate at SIWW under IH2O Asia has been a real catalyst to accelerate that development.
Mike Hemingway, Sales Director, Typhon Treatment Systems (UK)
Imagine H2O Asia is a fantastic platform for entrepreneurs to test solutions, obtain validation and secure deployments. The support structure is very good with easy access to mentorship, industry connections and financial resources.
Amrit Om Nayak, CEO, Indra Water (India)
Our time with IH2O Asia has been incredible! The program has really allowed us to tell our story better, develop meaningful relationships with high quality mentors and entrepreneurs in the space, and develop a global brand and presence. The whole experience has definitely been pivotal in our growth journey.
Mansi Jain, CEO, DigitalPaani (India)
Apply Today to Imagine H2O Asia Cohort 4
Deadline: August 5, 2022